October 21, 2012

Pride & Love

Hello Sweetheart!
I find myself awake early this morning and thinking about you. You are the only other person who would know exactly what I am feeling this morning. Pride is a good emotion too, and doesn’t always go before a fall. Today, pride and love are what I feel about our family and our friends after everyone came together to do the ALS Walk and a huge rummage sale. It is harder for me to write about it than it would be to tell you about it...I know you would know how I feel.

Remember how frustrated you used to get about Erin and her shyness with network marketing? You would always say that if she would just let herself – she would be very successful in networking. Well hon, you should have seen her go with this. She did everything from TV to radio to social networking etc. She was awesome, and kept pulling her slightly sluggish Mom and the rest of us along in her enthusiasm.

She was definitely the leader, but everyone came through in some way. We were all there yesterday for the walk and then for the rummage. There was a ton of stuff to be lifted, marked and moved multiple times, and our family and friends did it!  We raised a lot of money, and even our Wyoming kids were involved as virtual walkers.

We had new blue Team Sweet William shirts, and while we were not the biggest team at the walk, we were surely one of the most enthusiastic. (And most loving) The littler kids looked so cute in their over sized blue shirts with the cowboy on the back.

There was only one person missing in all of this. I thought about pushing an empty wheelchair yesterday, but that would have been just too hard....Maybe someday I will understand the why of you being gone. Maybe it is so that we will all stand together to fight this vicious disease...I don’t’ know. I just know I miss you.
 
Love you Sweetheart – Always have, always will...

No comments:

Post a Comment