September 3, 2012

Jump

Well, I am doing something that I know would make my Dad happy.  He always hated it when I had to fly in small planes to outreach clinics, and when he was so sick, he told me that he didn't want me to do that any more.  Here he was, dying of a horrible disease, and HE worried about ME flying.  I told him I would try to stop flying.  

After 24+ years in the same job, I am switching to a new job.  Still at Sanford, but not in the cardiology clinic.  It's scary.  I feel a sense of loss, leaving a boss that I think the world of, but he will retire long before I will be able to.  I'm leaving co-workers that feel like my work family.  The schedule will be good, and I think that the new job will be a good fit for me.  But it's scary nonetheless. I know my current job, and I've been good at it.  So it's a big deal to move to something new. 
 
It's exactly the type of decision that my dad would have talked me through.  Change is never easy for me.  I like my ruts.  And it's only been less than five months since Dad's death.  I am still grieving, every day.  But he would want me to do this.  I know he would. 

Miss you Dad.  Every. Single. Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment