December 18, 2012

Christmas Memories

Christmas was a wonderful time for the Haagenson kids growing up.  There wasn't always a lot of money, but Mom and Dad always made sure we had a good Christmas.  We had all the usual traditions with stockings, food, a tree (or 3) with our little ornaments and the same nativity set every year.

When I was a kid, every year my dad would bring home the crew cab truck.  That was a big deal then when you didn't see them all over the place.  Then we would get in the truck and they would take me around looking for Rudolph's nose up in the sky.  We would come home to all kinds of presents.  One year, we even came home to find deer tracks down the driveway.  What a memory!

Was it all perfection?  Probably not.  I am sure there were years my folks argued about money or things didn't go just as they had planned, but I'll bet not one of the three of us can remember knowing that.

Merry Christmas in heaven, Dad.  It is just not the same hear without you.  Just know that ALS did not destroy who you were in my eyes.  If anything, it made you even bigger!  We will do our best this year, because the little kids need to have a great Christmas too!  That would be important to you.

Love, love, love you eternally!








1 comment:



  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Health Home for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Health Home. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can contact them at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete