January 22, 2012

Here goes....


It’s Lynette here.   Thanks to Erin for setting this up.  I didn’t have a clue where to even start.  Erin is always good at these types of things.  J 

When I asked Dad if it was ok with him to start this site, he said ok, but he doesn’t want to be depicted as weak or whiny.  I understand and respect that.  I also cannot imagine how we could, with any accuracy, show him that way.   Because he isn’t.

 When I think of Dad, I think of a man’s man, a horseman, a gentleman.   He watches out for the girls (and boys) in his life, whether it’s getting a door for us, double checking that a saddle is secure, checking to make sure a grandkid’s feet are warm enough/ears covered, carefully watching out for his teenage granddaughter on a Vegas trip, or the countless trips out to the end of the snow filled driveway to start and warm up Mom’s car in the winter.  He always knows where Mom is at and watches out for her.   He’s a people person, a salesman, and a talker.  His word means something to him, it always has.  Always will.  He’s sometimes feisty, and always caring and fiercely protective of the people he loves.  They just don’t make ‘em any better.

I am so proud of him.  He has taken this horrible sucker punch called ALS ( “Lou Gehrig’s” ) with incredible courage and class.  Life has changed so much since July.  But I have not ever seen him whiny or weak or feeble.   I just see him day by day trying to make the best out of a tough situation.  I haven’t even seen him angry, and he has every right to be angry.   Lord knows I’m pretty mad right now.  

Thank you to all who have shown support.  Your love and friendship mean so much.   

And Mom…love you too.  I am pretty darn proud of you right now too. 

ALS sucks.  Big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment