January 22, 2012

Lynette and I were talking about why we named our blog Thistles & Twine.  It's hard to put into words, but I will try.  I grew up with horses...usually LOTS of them...and Dad just walked out into the pasture with a twine in his back pocket to catch whichever one he wanted ... though most of them would just follow him anyway like giant puppies.  Dad just always had a twine that he was using for something.  The relationship between Dad and twine was kind of like MacGyver and duct tape.  Thistles - we used to get Canadian Thistles in our pasture that drove him nuts and he was always on a mission to get rid of them.  I don't know - the name just makes sense.  I guess life is kind of like that and there are so many thistles...like when there are so many nasty horrible people out there - murderers, child abusers and the like - why OUR dad?  I just don't understand.  My dad says, "We know who is in charge."  Amen.

Dad has a bit of a cold and Mom said his arms are bad this weekend.  If you want to know more about ALS, the site www.alsa.org has great information.

No comments:

Post a Comment