January 31, 2012

It's funny how priorities can change.  Or maybe I really mean that my perspective has changed.  Certainly my idea of what really matters has become more clear over the last few months.  

 I've had a stressful work week so far and Dad has had a tough couple of days.  And after an important, but emotional talk with Mom and Dad tonight, I went to my car to find that I had apparently annoyed somebody by parking my car in front of their house, and they parked literally right up against my bumper.  Apparently to prove the point that they own the street in front of their house?  I fought back my initial urge to go pound on their front door and take out my frustrations.  And then I felt envious that somebody's life is so uneventful that a simple thing like parking is all they have to worry about.  Good for them, I guess.  They probably don't even know how lucky they are.  I guess we are all learning the hard way not to sweat the small stuff.  And until the last few months it really was small stuff. 

It's been a tough couple of days for Dad,  His arms aren't working very well, but in true Bill fashion, he still is finding ways to make the best of it.  It might mean that he has to turn his whole body, or use two hands to set the cracker that mom is practically force feeding him down, but he gets it done.  He always has had a knack for making things work, one way or another, and that continues.  His weight is holding, probably due to Mom's coaching. His breathing has been alot harder, and the nights seem to be the worst this week.  Coughing just isn't possible with the weakened chest muscles.  He is using his bipap, and it may help some. And still, he doesn't complain. 

In the middle of this horrible disease that Dad is dealing with, we have lots to be grateful for. We are close, we love eachother, and we are trying to talk and spend time.  We're still having fun together and having some good family times.  We're still learning from Dad.  Learning patience and faith and trust and so many things.   And that's not small stuff. 

Thank you everybody for your prayers, and please keep them coming.  And stop in.  Dad loves the company. 
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment