March 31, 2012

Weaker


There’s been a significant change.  He is so much weaker.  Still alert, yet sleepier.  He had a tough night last night.  He’s weaker overall, and his legs are weaker.  He has fallen.
The saddest, most heartbreaking thing is that his voice is barely there.  He was trying so hard today so say things, and just can’t get sound out.  The thought of our talkative, articulate, witty, intelligent father unable to talk is just heartbreaking.  Unfathomable. I don't know of anybody who enjoys people and talking as much as him.  It's something  that we’ve been praying wouldn’t happen. 

Erin and I have been trying to keep up at work and at home, while trying to help Mom and Dad as much as we can. I don't think that either of us feels that we're doing all that great at anything right now.  Mom has really been doing such a great job taking care of Dad.  I think that it’s time for me to take some time off to be able to help more.  Erin has already cut back at work.  These are precious times.  His fluid intake is miniscule, basically just sips with pills.  His food intake is still minimal.  I think it shows how tough and hardy this Norwegian cowboy is, that he is still able to hang on.  I just wonder for how long. 

Asking again for prayers for comfort for Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment