February 2, 2012

"Think, Erin!"  I remember hearing that in junior high basketball.  I played in a post position and my dad and brother worked with me like crazy as far as having the ball fed into me.  They said it was like I would freeze up.  I remember getting a pass and hearing my dad say, "Think, Erin!"  It was a loud voice that I could hear above all the other noise.  Dad's voice is getting quieter, but we will always hear it like it used to be.  Dad never had to spank us because we knew he meant business.  Not mean, just "I'm not gonna tell you twice."  I live in a constant fear of not hearing his voice, but more than that I fear that he will feel trapped by not having a voice.  I pray he doesn't completely lose his ability to speak.  His words are getting slower and he said it's getting harder to speak ... that it takes more effort and that it's harder to pronounce/enunciate the words.

He's my dad - I cannot imagine not having a conversation with him every day (at least once, often more - - even before he got sick), but Dad - I can promise you this - - - we will always, always hear you. Love you more than you know. As the song says, " ... I don't think I said I love you near enough."

Please keep lifting my dad up to God in prayer. He is above all else God's child, and I know that God has his arms wrapped around him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment