May 31, 2012

Baampa

Ben calls me Baampa now. It is an “A” sound (like in CAT) and definitely not either Maama (his previous name for me)  or Bompa.  I know that it is probably wishful thinking on my part that he is doing that because he is combining us a little bit into one?  Wouldn’t that make it easier to make sure he remembers “Bompa”?

I was thinking last week that when Bill and I married the two of us became one - which is what God intends.  So does that mean that now I am just 1/2?  No – I really do know better than that.  I am still one person who will always carry a wonderful person with me in my heart and my memories.  Being married to Bill made me a better person and now I have to figure out what I am supposed to do by myself. I know God has a plan...I just haven’t seen it yet, but I will.  And I think Ben is helping remind me that I am still complete and in his eyes still represent his Bompa too.

For Christmas I am going to make books about Bompa for each of the younger 3 Grandkids.  The older ones have so many memories of him, but the younger ones may need a little help.  I am looking through pictures for each of them with their Grampa.  He will remain part of our lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment