May 16, 2012

Update from Joan - WHY?

I still find myself questioning why – why Bill, when he was so good and did so much for people.  Just being around him was a great experience, and people always gathered close to talk to him and hear his stories.  He was good in quiet ways too.  I can’t tell you the number of times he stopped and helped someone on the highway who was having car troubles, sometimes paying for gas for them, and never taking money for helping.  We made him really happy last year when we elected to quit exchanging gifts at Christmas and instead adopt a family....he loved that and it kept him smiling for days! Some years Bill and I bought gifts in each of our Grandkids names to put under the angel trees in Sioux Falls.
 
Bill should have had more time on earth, yet I am so happy that he is with God.  It is the ultimate that we all live for.  It is only for me that I wish he was still here.

I am accident prone, and had 3 accidents which potentially could have killed me, and yet I am here....why?  I don’t know why but I am listening.  I am forcing myself into activities where I will meet people and potentially grow in the process.  I think I feel Bill nudging me a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment