August 27, 2012

Birthday


Good morning Sweetie!!

Today is my birthday, and I miss you.  You never forgot my birthday and always wanted to take me out somewhere for dinner.  Most of the time I said no because once I got home from Sioux Falls, I never wanted to drive back in.  I regret that now because we should have spent that time with just each other, but being at home with the man I loved was enough.

Yesterday, Terry and Sherry, Ardis, Sally and John sponsored a trail ride in your honor and want the benefit money directed to ALS....It was awesome sweetie, and a lot of people came because they knew you and loved you.  But even if no one had come, it was just so incredible that our friends wanted to do this.  I think they are going to do it again next year, and make it annual.  Won’t that be wonderful?  Erin is going to post some pictures on the blog site so we can continue to promote ALS Awareness.

Boldings offered to bring some horses for the kids, but I don’t think the kids were able to ride just yet.  Riding was their link to you, and it would have been too hard for them, I think.  Maybe next year.

Our family is also working on being involved in the ALS walk in October and on that same day we will have a huge rummage sale to benefit ALS. I know you would be proud of us.  We all hate this disease so much because it made you suffer and took you away too soon.

The reality of you not being here has finally really hit me.  I think I expected to feel you around me all the time, and I don’t.  People tell me that I am looking too hard, and maybe they are right. I hope that you are so happy in Heaven that you never want to look back.  Sometimes, Bill, I want to ask God to let me talk to you for just one hour, but I suppose that if he did that, it still wouldn’t be enough....
 
I love you Sweetheart – always have, always will.
 
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment