August 6, 2012

Good Morning

Good morning Sweetheart, 

It is Monday morning after the wedding weekend.  I need to tell you about it.  There are so many things that happen that I want to tell you about, like the Black Hills Land...I had to sign up for the rural water ($) and it looks like our lovely neighbor across the road is creating a road where there shouldn’t be one.  I may drive out there and check it out, but it is just one of many things you would have handled that I struggle with and need you for .....

Now the wedding -  You would have been so proud of all of our family.

Jordan was so handsome and mature....where did little J-Man go?  He and Noelle leave tonight on their honeymoon.  They are just a wonderful couple and I am so happy about their marriage.

Jared was the Best Man and did a super job.....His wedding is only about 10 months away now.  I know you didn’t have time to really get to know Abby, but you would love her too, as I do.

Melissa and Maddy both had their hair fixed so pretty...........They are beautiful, but even more so because they are so very sweet.

Nate did a super job as ring bearer (with just a little bribe) and danced his socks off all night with the flower girl! 

Benny would not go down the aisle of the church, but he was soooo cute in his tux.

Bailey kind of watched out for me a lot, and stayed with me during the reception.

We missed you a lot at the wedding. Remember that we set the wedding as the main goal for you to be able to be there?  Everyone talked about how much fun you would have had.  You would have talked to everyone at every table before the night was over. I think you would have even danced a lot. 

I was with everyone that I love, but still felt alone.  I know that will get better as time goes on, because one could not continue to feel that lonely and survive.  I didn’t dance much at this wedding, but I plan to have myself perked up a bit and ready to dance at the next one.... You would want me to I think, and I need to. 

Bill and Michele went home this morning.  Bob and Peggy are moving out on Saturday, so I will be alone in the house again.   That will be okay.  I have a few more things I want to do to the house, but after that I am going to start planning some fun time.. 

I love you Bill, and I miss you....

Joan

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this blog..... I have read it a few times over the last few months. My husband was diagnosed with ALS in February of this year. He is progressing very quickly. He has lost his ability to talk, to eat (he does have a feeding tube now), most of the use of his hands and it is beginning to hit his legs. He is also experiencing some breathing issues. Reading you blog has been like talking to a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! My mom, Joan, asked me to give you her e-mail address. She would love to talk any time! Maybe you could exchange phone numbers! Here is her information:

      grullo2@msn.com

      Hang in there. ALS is a terrible, wicked disease. It has been quite a journey for us, and we are happy to help in any way we can!


      Erin Hill

      Delete
    2. One of our goals with doing this blog was to get information out to people who might be in our shoes. When Dad was getting so sick, we were desperate for information about what was ahead, how to help, how to deal, etc. Erin and I found a blog that was really helpful to us. It feels like we are part of a club that no one really wants to be in, and that only those who are/have dealt with this horrible disease can really "get" the desperation and sadness that it brings.
      Another goal was to document the process, as it went so fast and seems to be such a blur. I wish that we had started it sooner.
      Finally, it was a way, as grieving kids, where we could tell our dad how we really felt about him. I believe that he knew it without our writing it, but we had things really needed to be said. And when we would try to say it verbally, we'd cry. This way, it seemed clearer.
      Like therapy with a purpose.

      I am so sorry to hear about your husband, and will send prayers your way.
      The blog that I found helpful is carolinerober.com.

      Delete