August 2, 2012

Dear Bill

Dear Bill,

It is August 2nd....so Happy Anniversary Sweetheart...I love you and I miss you. I wish that it didn’t seem possible that you have been gone from me nearly 4 months, but I can’t say that because it does seem that long. Every day without you is long. I do things during the day that I want to tell you about, so I go ahead and I talk to you a lot....people must see me and laugh.
 
I am doing okay though Hon. Life is different and not what I would have chosen, but it is okay. Did I tell you I am going back to work?? I bet you are not surprised. I promise I will not work too many hours...Just a few and a chance to meet some other people.
 
This Saturday is Jordan and Noelle’s wedding. I know how badly you wanted to be there. In a way you will be there because I carry you with me all the time. I will feel you beside me that night and sitting there watching them. The kids will be putting some flowers in the church in your honor. Ben and Nate will be in tuxes, just like the big guys. I am anxious to see all of them, all dressed up. Bailey has been here this week too and the Wyoming kids are coming on Friday. The only one missing is you.
 
Ben has switched again and now calls me Baama – You are still Bompa, every time I show him your picture.
 
It has been incredibly hot here sweetie – just like the year we got married. This wedding will be in an air conditioned church though – not like when we got married. I remember every detail of our wedding, especially the cute guy I married and loved for nearly 49 years.
 
Love you Honey and miss you......Joan

1 comment: