February 17, 2012

E-Mail

Mom asked that we post their e-mail in case anyone would like to send a message to my dad.  You can reach them at grullo2@msn.com.
 
I cannot stress enough how much phone calls and visits mean to them.

Lots of work to breath and feeling claustrophobic.  Almost no appetite at all, but Mom keeps pushing food.  He did eat a big oatmeal raisin cookie last night (he loves them - hint, hint).  It is our sincere prayer that next week's Palliative care appointment will give us information and help to make sure he feels as good as possible.  I hope we can avoid him feeling scared and keep any panic from building for him. 

The thing about ALS is that we don't know what we're doing.  I wish that no one had to figure this thing out.  I just want to scream "Leave him alone" when his muscles are twitching.  He is fearful of becoming a burden.  I hope he knows - - because we have told him in no uncertain terms - - that any amount of time we get to spend taking care of him or just hanging out is, in fact, a precious gift ... the furthest from a burden you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment