February 5, 2012

I have spent HOURS today looking through literally hundreds of Haagenson family photos.  I learned something.  I think that I missed out on some good times because I didn't like riding horse.  I also realized that, just maybe, I have been exaggerating the number of blue shirts he wears.  He does throw in the occasional western plaid.  :)
I started this morning out with this grand plan to post a slide show of baby to present day pictures of Dad.  And I quickly realized that it is just about impossible to try to summarize over 60 years into a 5 minute clip.  So I called Erin, she chilled me out, and I decided to just make a slide show of a few of the pictures of Dad with his horses and other pictures with us kids, Mom, and the grand kids.  No great plan, just enjoying looking back at him and some of his favorite people and things.  And some pictures that we just liked of him. 
If he ever has any doubts (all parents do, I think) about whether he did good as a dad or grandpa, all he needs to do is look at how the kids all look at him.  He did good.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment